Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Finish Line

I thought watching Walker Texas Ranger on TV was about as bad as it got. However, I just found something worse. Walker Texas Ranger dubbed in Spanish. I had no idea Chuck Norris could sound like that.

The show itself was as bad as ever. After some frantic behavior the viewers saw Chuck Norris in a race car, presumingly racing against drivers that actually did this regularly.

He put his helmet on as the race began and the blond came over and kissed him with fear in her eyes and love in her heart.

¨Cuidadate¨
¨Siempre.¨

Then what seemed like about a 7-minute race ensued. I don´t know how someone could write a half-hour T.V. program and think it to be a good idea to have a 7-minute slow-motion finally with no dialouge, but it happened. And to the surprise of no one Walker Texas Ranger won the race, and the people were saved.

But it was close. Real Close. Oh, the suspense!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I wish I knew Spanish so I could understand what Walker said. Stupid French lessons ...

Actually, I laughed at a line in Spanish from "30 Rock" the other night, and Sarah asked me what it meant in English. I said, "Now with more bull semen"--which was an accurate translation--and then exclaimed, "Wait, I don't speak spanish!?!"

So how did I know that, Kevin? How did I know?

By the way, can I say "semen" on your blog? Twice?