Sunday, February 21, 2010

Things I wish I would have said yesterday: II

One day I went to deposit my checks at the ATM and I realized I didn't have a pen. As I was searching for a pen I noticed an attractive girl at the ATM. I asked her to borrow a pen, and she cheerfully loaned me one.

As she handed it to me I responded, "I just wanted to borrow the pen to write down your number."

Okay. I didn't say that, but it would have been a good line. It is safe and funny. I could have gauged her reaction to see how I should proceed. Worse case scenario I laugh it off as a joke and I still use her pen to endorse my checks. As it was I said nothing.

Things I wish I would have said yesterday.

2 comments:

The Bailey family said...

I guess that's why you're still single, that line worked on Rhonda... lol

Unknown said...

Awesome!