Sunday, February 7, 2010

Things I wish I would have said yesterday

I remember one time in college I went to visit one of my professors in his office. I was wearing a Giants sweatshirt. He noticed and said to me in a slightly condescending tone, "The Giants. I still remember them from when they played in the Polo Grounds. You've probably never even heard of the Polo Grounds."

I responded, "The site of possibly the most well-known play in baseball history-- Will Mays' basket catch in straight-away center field off the bat of Vic Wertz in game one of the '54 World Series. The Polo Grounds remained the home of the New York Giants until the team moved west in 1958. Then they played in Seals Stadium for two years until moving over to Candlestick Park. That remained the home of the San Fransisco Giants until the late 1990's, when they opened Pac Bell park, now known as AT&T... Yeah, I've heard of it."

I actually just said, "Yeah, I've heard of it."

Things I wish I would have said yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Then I thought, I should have not said "yeah"...