Saturday, August 2, 2008

Driving to the Gym


I recently moved downtown and I love being in walking distance of so many places. It is fabulous. There are ample places to eat or drink within a few blocsk of my place. But when is it no longer walking distance? For example, I drive to the library and the gym. The other day I was contemplating if it was reasonble to be driving to go workout instead of walking or running, and I met a girl in the parking garage. I discovered she had driven only 7 blocks to the gym. She had driven seven blocks to the gym. A little ironic. Where's the line?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Maybe she didn't want to walk back home all sweaty.

Michelle said...

By the way, thank you for putting me on your blogroll! You're the first person to do that. My blog roll will have you on it, too, plus everyone else on yours...except I don't know who math and video games is, or whatever, but I think that's a funny blog name! :-)

Vickie Musni said...

I shower and get all cleaned up after I work out so I don't think I'd want to walk the 7 blocks home, especially with your Sacramento weather. I don't even like using the stairs in my parking garage after I'm finished, but I'm glad that most days I'm pushing a double stroller so I have an even better excuse!

However, my husband usually runs 3 miles to the gym, does weights, and runs home. When he first mentioned this to one of our friends she thought he was kidding...until she saw him running to the gym one morning on her way to work...