Thursday, December 1, 2011

Returning to Baseline

I was struggling to to find the time, energy, and material to maintain my column on a weekly basis. So last month I decided to switch to monthly. Now, I feel like it has been way too long since I have posted. So I came up with a new solution.

I have intentionally tried to keep my blog from being typical. Although it is fine if you use your blog to update your life and post pictures of your kids being cute and talk about your vacation schedule. That is not the purpose of my blog. I wanted to maintain that it is meant to be for entertainment not personal information.

However, I am going to now revert to something more typical of most blogs. I'm going to post whenever the heck I have something to post about. Not weekly. Not monthly. But sporadically. I'll give this a shot for a while and see how it works. I'll keep you updated. The goals of the blog will be the same, but the frequency of posts will be a mystery. I'm returning to baseline.

I was told that variable intervals was the best form of reinforcement to increase desired behavior. So there you go. You'll hear back from me next... when you do.

No comments: