Sunday, January 24, 2010

Language Comprehension

After school Laura and Rosa were still left in the classroom working on math problems at the board. Rosa came every week for tutoring so I knew her pretty well. We had a conversation that went about like this:

Rosa: I got detention on Friday. Should I tell my mom? If she finds out I’ll get in trouble.

Me: You might want to just tell the truth. You already lost your validity last year.

Rosa: Yeah... I know.

Laura: How does Mr. Burrill know about that?

Rosa: We talk.

Me: Well… I don’t think you should lie to your mom.

Later Rosa leaves. Laura and I are alone in the classroom.

Laura: You know I had the same thing as Rosa.

Me: What?

Laura: You know. What she was talking to you about before.

Me: Um?

Laura: Earlier when she mentioned… you know…

Me: No. I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Laura: Uh… about losing her virginity.

Yeah… didn’t know that.

4 comments:

TexAg9599 said...

The things you learn as a teacher...and no wonder the poor girl was confused why her friend told YOU about losing her virginity! hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Are Me and Mr. Burrill the same person in this convo...

Anonymous said...

It's crazy to me how young kids start going at it. I guess I'm just a late bloomer and have some catching up to do.

Craig Musni said...

wow...just..wow