Sunday, October 25, 2009

Watching Sports Delayed

Thursday night I set the DVR to record the rest of the ALCS game, and I left for ultimate. I got home and watched most of the 7th inning. The epic 45-minute inning included a 3-2 pitch on the inside corner at the knees from John Lackey that if called a strike would have ended the inning with the Angles still on top 4-0. The walk was followed by a 6-run Yankee rally. With two outs in the bottom of the 7th the Angels tied the game, and I decided I was too tired and I went to bed.

With the game still tied I managed to go 2 days without hearing anything about what happened. Saturday morning I turned it on and finally finished the 7th inning. Another two-out knock gave the Angels a 7-6 lead. Despite threatening again in the 8th they carried just the one run lead into the ninth.

Brian Fuentes quickly retired the first two hitters in the 9th. With 2-out and nobody on Scioscia again elected to walk Alex Rodriguez. A walk and a hit batsman later Nick Swisher came up with the bases loaded. After two foul balls, he worked the count even.

Then with the bases loaded in the 9th. Down by one run. 2-2 pitch to Nick Swisher... my DVR recording stopped.

Are you kidding me?

I guess this is why you should watch big games live. This postseason has certainly not lacked for the dramatic. Nor did this game disappoint. Although I didn't see it apparently the count went full. Unbelievable.

Fortunately, I found the final pitch on-line. The 3-2 pitch to Swisher...

I set my DVR to record an hour after the scheduled time too, but I guess next time I need to set it to record an hour and five minutes of extended time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would set it to record 2 hours longer than the dvr says...these games are long. Yeah, you missed a great one. At least you were caught up for Game 6.

Kevin said...

I didn't miss it. I saw it all but one pitch (or maybe a couple if he fouled any off).

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.