Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Little Things

I walked home from work today. As I approached my apartment a young man on a skateboard was heading toward me on the same sidewalk. Despite being within fifteen feet of me he still had the desire to do some minimal trick on a nearby step. Now with him even closer I stopped walking to make sure I didn't get hit. That way he could navigate around me. As he passed he stuck up his hand as one would do to reguest a high-five, made eye contact with me, and said, "Happy Wednesday." It happened so fast I didn't even respond verbally, but I smiled and gave him a high-five. I kept smiling as I walked up the stairs to my computer.

Happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Cool, I like that guy.

Anonymous said...

I usually like to wish people a happy first day of the month, outside of the routine wish of a good day. But most people would just describe me as weird, silly, or stupid. I like to think of me as a hopeful optimist. It's nice how a smile, a high 5 and a pleasant greeting can change your day. I do it all day long.