Saturday, July 25, 2009

Beer Me!

I previously said that I would buy a beer to whoever was my 2,000th blog visitor. It turns out if you sign on repeatedly the blog counter will not count you unless a certain amount of time has elapsed. I wondered if the 2,000th hit would be from someone that knew of the contest or a random visitor. I hit the 2,000 today, but wasn't sure who it was. Later I saw the following e-mail:

Beer me!

And no questions, please, about whether I have anything better to do on a sunny Saturday afternoon than run up a web counter...

It even included a screenshot to prove it.

He didn't just stumble on number 2,000. When he saw the count at 1,992 this morning he worked hard. Reloading the page did not add to the number, but using different browsers did and also different computers. Several computers and 30 minutes later he was my 2,000th visitor. That's a well-earned beer. Plus I got a good laugh out of the e-mail.





**Also, during the process of writing this blog I learned that since I've started using gmail I've had 110 e-mails that contain both the words "beer" and "me."
That sounds about right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So who do you have to buy a beer for?

Garrett said...

When I read the beer me post today I thought how sad for myself that I was the 8505th person counted on your blog....not that I missed the free beer, but that you actually have over 8000 people that have seen your blog just makes me sad for myself.

as always, your friend Garrett