Monday, March 28, 2016

Dreaming

Last week I had a dream. I was at South Hills, my old church, sitting up in the upper level during some giant circus event. First, I was watching my brother successfully shoot bowling balls off the upper deck into basketball hoops, but then I got up to go to another section to watch the rhinos shooting bowling balls off the balcony into basketball hoops.

So basically pretty normal stuff, and then I went back to my seat.

When I returned to my seat Brian Brown was there. He had seen me from across the way and came over to say “hi.” That is really about all I remember from the dream.

It has been nearly 20 years since I’ve seen Brian and I can’t even recall the last time he has entered my mind. So I’m not really sure why or how he entered my dream. But from that point I did the only logical thing. The next morning I contacted Ryan Paterson on Facebook and asked if he had any idea as to Brian’s whereabouts. Turns out they are in a monthly poker game and Ryan gave me his e-mail.

So this afternoon I met up with Brian after work. Let me tell you it’s hard to catch up 20 years in only 2 hours, but we did our best.

In summary:

We both have kids ages 7 and 9. We both have wonderful wives that are great to raise children with. We both are teaching. And we both play in a regular monthly poker game with friends.