Sunday, August 14, 2011

Indelible

Each of us can remember certain compliments we have received. I still remember back in ’96 when I was told I had a nice jaw line. There are certain topics where a compliment particularly resonates. For example someone telling me they thought I was a great baseball broadcaster and they would like me to fill in for Jon Miller on his days off. Here are some compliments I actually have received. These are more or less in chronological order:

Jon Boyle said he would want to see my show if I did a half-hour of stand-up comedy. –2001

A friend suggested I get my own talk show.

“You are the least judgmental person I know.” –Whitney Baker

“It kind of kills me that as a math teacher you are such a good writer.” --Stephanie Anderson 5/19/09

On playing poker: “You sir aren't a pro (though you could be), a semi-pro, or even a "serious" player. You are simply one of the best part-time players out there. While you sicken me with your ability, I sincerely congratulate you on your well deserved victory!” --Dave Simon 9/28/09

“Being with you almost makes me want to ignore my technology.” –Rebecca Chakrin

For the best materialistic comment I have received recently, “I’ve been looking at all the sports cars on the road, and I still like yours the best.”

She later added, “If we break up, can I date your car?” (This would have been even funnier if she was joking.)

“You're a good writer and I like your blog..... it's kinda like The Office and Seinfeld in that it covers everything and nothing at the same time... but pretty entertaining in the process. I feel compelled to comment if I read it.” 7/1/2011

2 comments:

rmm said...

I agree. nice comments. :)

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Re-grow thy brain, please (I had to literally start over after our accident), and follow me Home to Heaven, dude, where we'll have a totally BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy for maaany eons. God bless you.