Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Vacation

The following entry is not meant for the purpose of entertainment, but merely to provide some information about my life. And it doesn’t really even do a great job of that, nor is it particularly interesting.

I would suggest not reading further.

Many people have a blog with the intent to post updates of their lives. They use it as a means of sharing life's mundane details with their friends in a slightly more complete manner than their Facebook updates. I try avoid this, but I am actually considering taking a few weeks off from writing so I feel some sort of obligation to explain myself.

As a teacher I work incredibly hard the entire school year. I’m exhausted and I long for the days where I can fall asleep in my bed without a setting an alarm, relax at home, and not have my normal responsibilities. However, for some reason what I do is I book up my entire summer to prevent these days from actually happening. My calendar is completely full until August 16th. I wonder if I over-plan my vacation time.

Much of my summer plans this year revolved around weddings, and Saturday I will be attending my fourth wedding in as many weeks. Two of the first three were officiated by a close friend. I guess you can just fill out an application on-line, and you can perform weddings; the screening process seems to have even less requirements than substitute teachers. But I like it. Maybe I'll start doing weddings.

I went to St. Louis for Grandma’s funeral, and I stayed several more days to be with my family there. I spent all last week in Southern California with Jonny’s and Brandon’s wedding bookending the vacation. This week I actually work a normal week, and next week I leave for Honduras with Gio. After I get back I have just a couple days to finish my plans for my next vacation at Clearlake.

I’m considering just taking off from my blog until August 22nd, or maybe just write randomly as stuff comes up. Leaving the country should provide me some material.
Basically, I’m not sure when you’ll hear from me again, but in the meantime I plan on having a good time.

1 comment:

Vickie Musni said...

Are you sure you can't stop in Reno before you go to Honduras? Mom and Dad are coming up Tuesday -you could hitch a ride with them and they could drop you back off on Wednesday. Just a thought...