Sunday, April 26, 2009

When the Ads say too Much

On-line advertising. Obviously, it is a huge marketing source, and will only get bigger as more and more of our lives move into the world of the internet. Here are the three ads sitting on right side of my Facebook page a couple weeks ago:

Get Fit to Teach

Even with the busy schedule of a
teacher, you can get in great shape
without the gym or lifting weights.
I'll show you how I did it.

Thirty Plus Local Singles

Meet and chat with successful beautiful
singles at Thirty Plus Singles. Sign up
today.

Looking for Love Over 30?



Do you every find it scary how much your ads know about you? Damn. Get off my back. I’ve been “over 30” for one month. Why you gotta go and rub it in already? Maybe with my teacher’s schedule I’m so overweight and unattractive from my lack of workouts girls under thirty don’t find me attractive anymore. I don’t really care that the advertisers know stuff about my life, but stop insulting me. You’re right I am thirty, and I’m not as active as I’d like to be. I know. I’m a teacher. I’m getting my Master’s. I just had surgery. Cut me some slack.

1 comment:

Carla Chanliau said...

really? facebook reveals our info that much? argh.. gotta go and change some stuff!

happy late birthday, btw.