Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fashion Police

Friday night we had school function for both students and their families. The band consisted of one of our students and three adult males. The lead singer of the band was a slightly overweight, white male in his late fourties. He was wearing a t-shirt tucked into a pair of horrific jeans that he probably got in 1992. The sight was so bad I couldn't even look at the band. I had to just turn the other way and listen. The other band members looked normal, but the fat guy had to tuck in that shirt into those jeans. Someone needed to tell him.

This true story leads to the following question:

Who have I become?

3 comments:

Debbie said...

A little Metro maybe...or just normal.

Anonymous said...

i think you are probably a little metro... but a little metro is never a bad thing.. just means you care more than the average guy, and caring is a good thing! next week you will be noticing whether or not someone is wearing black dress socks with tennis shoes... yikes!

Michelle said...

Kev, I'm so sorry I didn't comment sooner; I just now read it. I think that you have become a more conscious dresser. I am pleased with the role I have had in your life in this way. Even the fact that you were able to label his jeans as 1992 makes me very, very happy. You have come a long way, bro. I would have loved to sit with you with our backs facing the band. Poor guy probably needs a wife or at least a caring female friend to offer him some dressing tips.