Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mr. Hodges

I have a colleague, Brad Simmons, that was far from the most outstanding student in high school. His daughter now attends the same school he went to as a teenager. He saw her schedule for junior year and recognized Mr. Hodges, his old science teacher. Brad told his daughter, "That was my favorite teacher. I had him for chemistry and physics. He even took us on a backpacking trip. You're really going to enjoy that class."

Her first day of class Mr Hodges called roll:

"Shannon Simmons. Are you the daughter of Brad Simmons?"
"Yes."
"You'll have to go to the office and get a schedule change. I only need one Simmons in a career."

And that was his favorite teacher.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I feel bad for the girl. At least give her a chance!! Funny, though.

Vickie Musni said...

Is Brad a teacher now? That story makes me wonder what his classes are like!