Sunday, December 21, 2008

Coping with Success

To think my blog just went to the weekly column format less than three months ago and look at the influx of readers already. In fact just last month the number of official blog followers doubled. (You too can become a follower for free by clcking the link at the bottom of the page.)

I wrote the article about the Oscar Woa book. I only have one copy, people. I can't loan it to all of you at once. Leave me alone. It is still being sold in stores.

I keep having editors wanting me to write a humor column for their papers. Just recently I've had three newspapers and one magazine contact me. I had to tell them, "I'm a teacher. I just write the blog for fun." If these offers keep coming in like this I may have to accept one at some point.

I posted a driving survey midweek and so many of you must have responded there was a system overload. As of this morning only four people have responded since it started over. So if you were one of the many that voted early you may have to cast your vote again.

I don't have a site tracker. I just have to go by the buzz I hear in the media. I'm estimating my site gets about 120 hits a day and almost five times that on Mondays. So if my estimations are correct only about 1/2 of 1% of you are leaving comments. Feel free to leave more comments. That is how blog writers get feedback. (Yes, you may also respond by e-mail.)

Don't worry. I still respond to all of my e-mails personally. I haven't let the success of the blog affect my personable character. You, the readers, are still the most important thing.

I know what many of your are thinking. The weekly column. The fail pic of the week. Could this get much better? Yes. Beginning in 2009 I will be adding "tip of the week." Indeed. Life tips from yours truly.

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful holiday. Be sure to stop by again next week for the final column of 2008.

(And if anyone wants to borrow Diaz's book just let me know; I've finished reading it.)

3 comments:

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremy said...

Haha. Even your one comment has been deleted by its author.

You should get SiteTracker. It's fun to see where visitors are coming from. Get a hit from Chicago - is that an old HS buddy or a stranger that mistyped? Watch traffic spike when you start linking to garfieldminusgarfield.net See which of your friends are checking the site while at work! It's great fun.

Louise said...

looking forward to the weekly tip. sme of my fave shoes have gum on them... and sure-ire ways to get it off?